Monday, February 28, 2011

Heading home

It's the end of February and we're far away from the sun and sand and sitting in a motel in Illinois.  It seems wrong to be fleeing good weather and heading into ice and snow, but I couldn't be happier.  There's no place like home!  I miss my family and friends.  I miss my big house with more than one room.  


Even She Devil is getting cranky...oh wait, that's normal for her.  


Taking care of She Devil is a full time job.  She  wants to sit in my lap, lay on my shoulder, beg treats from me, demand water from her special travel bottle, ride on the dashboard using the GPS as a pillow.  Lift me up...set me down...feed me.. pet me... water me.... I did suggest to Left Brain that we call them and offer her as a donation.


I don't think I'm capable of photography right now anyway.  We stopped at Cracker Barrel for lunch and I was having trouble cutting my chicken when Left Brain suggested using a fork instead of my spoon.  I hadn't even realized it wasn't a fork....must get off the road.


Then we missed our turn because we were talking and listening to Dr Laura, but we were still basically going north, so it ended up okay....plus I got some great therapy from her on the route.


Then there was a sign on the freeway that said "Don't drive tired" so we pulled off the road and settled in some motel somewhere and ready for another supper of sandwiches and stale Doritos. 


Mmmmm.  I miss my kitchen - and THAT's a statement most of my friends have never heard.


Long Sleep the Exhausted Queen (and her little cat, too)

No comments:

Post a Comment