Sunday, June 4, 2017

Angels Among Us




It was one of those "down days" in a roller coaster of emotions and I was at a loss for what to do.  I definitely had to get out of the house for a bit, but didn't feel like really going anywhere.

So it was off to the library to work on the jigsaw puzzle spread out on the big table there.  I had the room to myself as I talked through my emotions, with lots of swearing and tears, which seems to be part of this process.

Then in walked a woman, so I quietly blew my nose and composed myself until she would leave.  That was the plan.

She sat at the table with me and we started a conversation which quickly progressed into personal issues.  Isn't this always the way with women?

After the appropriate amount of small talk, I shared my journey with her as to my self imposed exile for the summer to think things through and get my head on straight as to what I wanted my "Golden Years" to entail.

She shared her story of the loss of her husband last February after a long and difficult illness.  I thought she would be less sympathetic to my leaving a decent man because I felt I wanted more out of life and needed the distance to sort things through.  I was totally wrong.  

She commended my decision and said she wished her sister had had the gumption to do the same thing in her marriage.

We must have talked for at least an hour, time seemed to stand still and nobody entered the room during the entire conversation. It was just me and my new 92 year old role model.

She thanked me for talking to her and remarked on how much she enjoyed our conversation and new friendship.  I thanked her for lifting my spirits out of the doldrums and helping me clear my mind.

We both share the same belief that G-d orchestrates this kind of thing and our meeting was no accident and hugged each other goodbye.

It was such an honor to be in her presence and learn from her years of wisdom.  I can't wait to see her again.

Long Live the Queen

3 comments:

  1. What an upper of a story. Thank you for sharing it with your readers. I share your belief that we are given what we need at the time we need it most. I truly believe that there is no major decision we make that we don't question at times. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. There are Angels among us. How else would I have gotten this far along in life? That was a wonderful story. Enjoy your new friend. I too found someone yesterday. A cousin that I haven't seem in seventy years. Imagine! I go by the name of Franny Loud on Facebook. It was my last name that made this meeting happen. What an awesome day for me! It's raining here, but I hope your day in sunny and warm. You have a super day my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. • กำจัดขน
    • กระตุ้นการผลิตคอลลาเจนชูกระชับผิวหน้า (Tightening) เลือนริ้วรอยช่วยทำให้ผิวเรียบเนียน
    • รอยหลุมสิวตื้นขึ้นและก็รูขุมขนกระชับขึ้นผิวหน้าละเอียดและก็เรียบเนียน
    • รักษาสิวอักเสบรอยแดงจากสิวหรือเส้นเลือดฝอยที่ไม่ปกติ
    • ลดความหมองคล้ำผิวกระจ่างขาวใสดูอ่อนกว่าวัย
    • กำจัดเส้นโลหิตขอดแล้วก็เส้นเลือดฝอย
    • รักษาเส้นโลหิตขอดเล็กๆได้โดยไม่ต้องเสียเวล่ำเวลาผ่าตัด ไม่ต้องนอนพัก แต่ว่าบางทีอาจจะต้องทำต่อเนื่องกันหลายคราวก็เลยจะได้ประสิทธิภาพที่ดี


    เลเซอร์ขนขา
    เลเซอร์รักแร้
    เลเซอร์บิกินี
    เลเซอร์ กำจัดขนหน้า
    เลเซอร์ กำจัดขน รักแร้

    ReplyDelete