Wednesday, June 28, 2017

New Toys for a New Life

One of the members of my support team, we'll call her Jennifer because that's her name, has been very instrumental in guiding me through these dietary changes in my life.

She is a guru in the kitchen for knowing what to buy and how to fix it in a healthy manner and I'm happy to have her on my team.

Since so much of the food I'm eating now requires baking and roasting and the temperatures this week are expected to be record setting highs of near 120 degrees; I was very intrigued by her mention of a NuWave Oven which generates very little heat.



So, I was off to Bed Bath & Beyond to search out this little treasure.  Actually, it's not so little, but is very light.  Since I have a very small space to work in I opted for setting it up on a table on the deck, but soon it was too hot to be outside and it had to come back in.

Thankfully it fit in the weird useless corner shelf, otherwise there was no space for it at all.

It has a clear dome so you can watch the food cooking, which is kind of fun.  Nothing like watching the bacon sizzle and turn brown.

Also, since I'm not using the oven in my house now I've put the cover over the cooktop and have been using my induction burner for any indoor cooking I need to do.

This is simplifying my cooking since there is a lot of food prep with this diet, but it should be worth it and it did provide an excuse for some new toys!

Long Live the Queen

4 comments:

  1. I hope you'll report back on how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a Nuwave oven cooker for my daughter. She tried it and liked it. So, good luck with your new toy. I'll be waiting to hear how it works out for you. Have a super day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete