Thursday, November 10, 2011

Camera club results

Once a month we have a competition in the local camera club and sometimes I do better than others.


This photo of the old house in the rain was entered in our challenge of "rural decay" and took second place.


I loved the comments of how impressed people were that I captured both the sun and the rain at the same time.  Those who know me understand that I am a fair weather photographer who doesn't do early mornings or inclement weather.  The rain was strictly compliments of Photoshop.


The barred owl was my entry in Open - I couldn't place it in Nature as it was taken in a captive setting and not in the natural elements required for that category.  Some were impressed that I was able to get so close to it and how difficult it was.  The main difficulty was in  blurring the chain link fencing in front of it.


My entry into the People category was this lovely young girl in Alaska in all her beautiful costuming.  


She was stunning as well as the outfit but I could have used a little more light in her eyes.


I didn't place but did receive an Honorable Mention from the judges.




And lastly, this image of a rusty old wheel was entered in N4C competition which is on a national level in the contemporary category.


I believe I added a posterization effect to this image...one of my favorites.


We do this once a month in our club and I enjoy it very much as I feel it pushes me to find new and creative ways to see things.


I've just installed Photoshop Elements 10 on my laptop and ordered the Nik HDR Efex Pro software to add all kinds of creativity to my work.  I'm ready to order the camera I desire to finally use up my prize money as I'd like to have it before Thanksgiving so I can shoot the family and be able to have some video capability.


Long Live the Queen of the Camera



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your win!! The old house photo is just awesome. Photoshop is one of my best buddies too. I don't like the bad weather either. All of your photos were wonderful. I did not know they grew such gorgeous girls in Alaska. If they use photos like this on billboards, there would be stampedes of young men moving to Alaska.

    Soooo glad to hear that you are going to get your new camera. You're going to love it!! You have a funtastic day now, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What new camera is in your dream world. I got mine at the end of the summer but hardly had a chance to use it with my "confinement". Congrats on your rural decay win....nice rain storm. Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beatiful girl, whats the name of the girl ?
    I am 15 years old.

    ReplyDelete