Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Zap!

I did not know that!
Part of my clean up for winter is to remove the pump and filters, clean them for storage and put in the water heater to keep the ice from closing off the pond.


The fish winter over just fine in the pond provided they have an open hole to release the gases from their waste.  The same reason you never  keep the covers over your head if you pass gas in bed.  I apologize for that mental image.


Oooops!
Anyway, I digress.  When I tried to plug in the said heater there were a few sparks and a zap sound and the clicking of the reset button.  Hmmm.  Perhaps the plug was a bit wet I wondered as I stood there in my slippers and towel having just gotten out of the hot tub.  Maybe doing this while still wet was not the smartest thing, but I've never been accused of being a brainiac.


I tried it again four or five more times.  I am nothing if not determined.  Harumpf.  I give up.  Left Brain can deal with this I muttered as I shuffled into the house.


Seriously?
He dutifully went out and assessed the problem and came in to tell me what I did wrong.  He seems to take great joy in that and I give him no end of things to comment on.  This is where I learned you can't have the end of the plug that connects with the heater IN the water.


But it's an outdoor cord I argued, and then he pointed out that's not the same as being under water.  I suppose he has a point there.


I'm so glad we have a ground fault circuit for these kinds of situations or there'd be lots of goldfish floating on the top of the water...as well as a towel clad Queen Jester laid out on the patio.


Long Live the Queen of Underwater Electricity

2 comments:

  1. Your fruit and veggie dolls are adorable! I am so in awe of your creativity! As for mixing water and electricity, I leave that up to someone else. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are these going to be your entries for our new Humor category? They are all great but I like the color in the yellow pepper. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete