Wednesday, May 4, 2011

More photos from the barn hunt

There was so much more to photo than just the round barns that day.  I just love old falling down buildings, especially if they look like haunted houses.
Actually, they looked pretty creepy in the daylight so I can't imagine them at nighttime.


Old windows, old barn wood, rusty hinges...just love them.  Can relate to them more and more the older I get, especially the rusty hinges.
It was fun taking these photos and using Photoshop Elements to tweak them a bit so they look scary than they really are.


There's so many things that are different in a small community that is somewhat off the grid.  My favorite was the bulletin board hung on a tree near the road.  I could picture people standing there sipping mugs of coffee and catching up the news.  Kind of a backwoods version of Facebook.


Of course I always love signs, especially those that are redundant.  This was a great one of a sign that warns you it is not a through road...it starts out dirt and trails off to..well...nowhere.  But it seemed obvious from looking at it that it didn't go anywhere.


This is a sample of one of the roads we went up, aptly named Pa's Road.  Thank goodness it was not muddy or it may have been difficult.


Since were out there on a Sunday, we weren't able to visit the bakery or shops the Amish have in their homes.  Which was both good and bad.  It helped me stay on my Weight Watcher goal but man, oh man, can those Amish bake!


Long Live the Queen of Round Barns

4 comments:

  1. I love your photos of the old buildigs. Somehow they look more lonesome than scary. Of course, at my age, old things look pretty good to me. lol.

    I absolutely love that bulletin board tacked on the tree. Seems like a wonderful idea for a small community.

    Now I'm off to dreamland. Did a bit of dirt (for the garden) shopping and got the hydrangeas and my new cherry tree planted. You have a great night, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another thing we have in common.
    I have a photo album dedicated to run down barns and buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been taking pics of old barns for years. They are quickly diminishing as all the new pole barns go up; just not the same!

    ReplyDelete