Thursday, May 5, 2011

Last of the round barn photos





I believe I have them all posted now, as well as some of the other fun shots taken during the day of old rusty things.










There's something about old deserted buildings that just pull at me.  I always wonder about the lives of the people who lived there and where they went... or if they might be buried in the basement. 


I really need to stop reading so many murder mysteries.




This one made me chuckle.  They put a home addition on top of an old silo.  This is recycling at it's best in our backwoods.  All I could think of is the expression "a square peg in a round hole".


This was just part of one of the barns, but it had such a warmth to it.  I used a posterization filter on this photo to enhance the corrugated metal of the barn.
I especially liked the bright yellow of the new leaves of the weeping willow.
Long Live the Queen of Old Stuff







2 comments:

  1. Your photos would make a wonderful book. I just loved the little house built on top of the silo. I can picture what fun it would be to live in it. It's just far enough from the main house to be private yet near enough for safety. Of course, that's assuming that it has a great heating system in it, running hot water and a toilet.

    Has Mary Ann seen these photos? She loves to photograph round barns too. Now I'm off to get a bit of yard work done. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl, I really like the shadow of the round barn on the wall of the last photo. Gene and I have used round barns as an excuse to get into the corvette and travel the back roads of Wisconsin. I have about 15 of them most are between here and Madison but the farthest away and the one that is restored the best is in New London. I made a calendar of round barns. If spring and summer ever arrives we will be off on the quest of more. It becomes a PS challenge as many have cars etc parked in front of them. Also you can't go on the property so what you see from the road is what you get. I just got a new doubler for my Tamron 2.8 200 mm so that should help if they are off the road. The other major problem I have is Gene doesn't want to drive on gravel roads so I need to make sure before we leave or take the truck! Great photos from the only Queen in LACC! Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete