Sunday, May 1, 2011

Wisconsin Spring...a poem...sort of

Rainy, cold and full of gloom,
I think I'll never see a bloom,
the weather's nice and then it's rotten
I do believe Spring's been forgotten.


The ground is black and full of mud,
I fear the basement is sure to flood,
the sky is gray, the wind is blowing,
I guess the yard will not need mowing.


It's just not fair, yesterday was fun,
we had blue skies and lots of sun,
I set the furniture on the deck,
can't sit there now...what the heck.


I suppose we'll go from wet and forty,
to hot and dry... oh my Lordy!
You never know what the day will bring,
To us in Wisconsin in the Spring.

2 comments:

  1. Great poem!! You have described it perfectly. It almost fits our Spring too. I hope by now, though, that you're able to enjoy seeing your flowers beginning to bloom. Mine are late bloomers, but late is better than not at all.
    Here's wishing you a beautiful first day of May. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy May Day! We WILL have sunshine and lollipops again.

    ReplyDelete