Friday, April 29, 2011

A most perfect day

Yesterday was a perfect day spent in the company of a bus full of women on a day of shopping and theater.  Other than getting up at 4:30 to start this day it was sheer bliss.  At our stop at Mall of America,  my partner in crime and I jumped ship and went to Ikea.    


Shopping is not my idea of fun, so three hours at the Mall of Excess was daunting and I appreciated the diversion.  Ikea is very fun and if you have someone with you to keep you on the path or follow the map and arrows on the floor you're okay.  Otherwise you could get totally lost.  Which would be okay, because you could live there in one of many of the furniture displays while learning to speak Swedish.


Now that I am preparing food to stay on my Weight Watcher lifestyle, I find myself fascinated with kitchen tools.  I was never sure what that room was used for...that room we had to walk through from the computer room to the family room.  Now I get it!  Oh, and did we find fun things for the kitchen.  Then she dined on Swedish meatballs, of course, and I had a Greek salad which seemed out of place there, but was tasty.  


We had a little time so I stashed my new kitchen toys in the bus and we ventured into the Mall for a bit.  I managed to find a tiara which was sold to me by a girl named Tiara.  Too perfect.  The Queen has been needing a tiara for some time and I wanted to look good for the royal wedding the next day.  With surgical gloves on my hands (for the food handling...what were you thinking?) and a shiny tiara on my head I practiced my official queen wave on the bus to the commoners.


Then it was off to the Orpheum Theater where we learned the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons while enjoying the music.  There's something about a live performance that is just sheer magic. As much as I love movies, it can't touch watching it happen right before your eyes.


After leaving the theater we headed for the Dancing Ganesha for  Indian food and then walked the streets of downtown looking at the shops.  We ended our day in Macy's where I found the answer to my Panini press dilemma.  More on that later.  Not only was it on sale, but one of my new friends gave me her 25% off coupon so it was most affordable.  I can't wait to make a sandwich now!


The trip home was filled with the laughter and buzz of fifty one happy women (and three hapless men who were dragged along), which was further fueled by trays of decadent desserts and wine. I passed on the wine but didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings so had to sample one of each of the yummy items that had more calories than a double cheeseburger.  Sometimes a girl just has to do what a girl has to do. My garden group knows how to entertain and have a fine time, yes they do.  That really is our specialty...much more so than gardening. Then I donned my tiara and went down the aisle as the Queen of Trash...great fun.


The ride seemed very short with all the buzz...or perhaps being buzzed is the better description, and soon we were back at our cars.  Once home again I was greeted by an angry She Devil, but she was soon placated by tuna (it always works) and we stumbled off to bed for a little reading and both fell asleep.  The End.


Long Live the Queen of Good Times

1 comment:

  1. Take a photo of you wearing your new tiara. It sounds like you and the other ladies had a fantastic day. I am surprised you could stay on your diet and only taste the desserts. I probably would have dove into the spaghetti and swedish meatballs.

    I'm on my way outside to annoy my son in law while he tries to fix up our little shed. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete