Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Day Late

Simcha loved her little couch
I see that I missed National Blah Blah Blah Day, that was on the 17th.  Today I cleaned up the cat beds that Simcha used to love so much and have stored them in the basement.  Maybe someday there will be new kitties that will enjoy them.  She Devil doesn't use any of them, preferring our chairs instead.


I've finished Rapture of the Deep and have started the last book in my Bloody Jack series.  I'm going to hate to see this end.  Usually by the end of the long series I'm getting bored and restless, but this keeps changing up in unexpected ways and keeps me guessing.  I will just have to amuse myself with something else until the last one is written.  I believe it is coming out this fall sometime...but of course, I don't remember.


Mr & Mrs Potato from early times
Earth Day will soon be upon us and I'm excited to see the new Big Cats movie to celebrate it.  Last Earth Day I was chosen by our local television station to be interviewed as an artist who uses recycled items in their creations.  So, in memory of this I have brought up my last grocery sack of vintage potato mashers to start to decorate for the show at the end of this month.  They are such fun to create with and I have some potato chip fabric that will work nicely for wings.  Hey don't laugh...these things are sure sellers.


Well, it's time to get up off my duff and walk into the studio and get to work.  Oh rats!  I see that it's snowing again.  This commute is a killer.


Long Live the Queen of Odd Creations

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I just love your kitty couch. I had thought of getting one for Tootsie, but I ended up not getting it. I really don't have a lot of extra space in my little part of the house.

    Those potato mashers are just too cute! You shouldn't have any trouble selling all of them at the craftshow.

    I'm hoping that the nice Spring weather will finally settle in for you. Ours is working itself in little by little. I'm off now to start my day. You have a fantastic day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete