Monday, May 30, 2011

Fairy Gardens

Fairy gardens are just smaller plantings to set the stage for fairy activity.  I've had a lot of fun playing with these types of things before, but now that I've added my doll props into the mix I'm having way too much fun!  Creeping wire vine was used to twine this arbor for the seating area in this fairy garden.  This is a larger container and has miniature hostas.  The moss was pulled off the railroad ties when they were removed from the patio area.  Everything in this yard gets recycled or composted...nothing is wasted.




Since I have more metal chairs than needed for my dolls, I decided to plant one up with some small ivy and sedums.  


Moss was used on the bottom to create a structure for it.  We'll see if it grows enough to spread and cover more of the chair.


This one is one of my favorites.  There must be homeless fairies wandering around the gardens with their shopping carts full of possessions, right?  


Or maybe this is just a fairy doing her shopping.
The large hen & chick is called Metallica and almost glitters.


I have a little wheelbarrow needs to be painted and then have holes drilled in the bottom before planting.
  
I guess I'll need to buy some more small plants for it and add some tiny garden tools.  I have a feeling these will be continuing for some time.


Long Live the Fairy Queen







No comments:

Post a Comment