Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Busy busy busy

I have been remiss in blogging lately - not that there's been any shortage of things to talk about...just a lack of time in which to do so.


One of the new things lately is starting classes in Photoshop Elements at the Technical college.  It's only four sessions...but what sessions they are!  It's amazing how much I've learned in just two classes and I promise I will post some photos soon of before and after to demonstrate the techniques learned.


The other activity involved a Facebook post about the Salvation Army that bothered me.  It stated that they denied gay couples access to their shelter and forced Muslims to attend bible study as a requirement for staying there.  At first I took this at face value being it was out there for everyone to see and must be true..right?  Then I decided to check into it further.  This is where the Queen Jester became Lois Lane and went directly to the source for the scoop.  But that's a subject for an entire blog that will be coming in the next day or two.


I've been creating nonstop and designing a new pattern for a smaller version of my dolls, as well as some flying fairies and angels.  One was inspired by a request for a custom designed fairy to give as a Christmas gift and it was so much fun I've started a new line of them.  I love the designing aspect of my art, but it does soak up a ton of time.  It's kind of like playing computer games and finding after "just one more" that it's 3:00 in the morning.


All this activity, plus recovering from family and friends over for Thanksgiving has made me a bit distracted.  I've gathered up a pile of items left by my family to mail back to them.  So far we have one book, a bag of knitting, a wishbone and one white sock.


It must have been during this distraction that I made my error last night.  I was watching TV, playing computer games and reading...yes, all at the same time - I don't know why but when I get tired I imagine I can take multitasking to extreme levels.  I can't...but I imagine I can.  Hey..it's my little fantasy world and who are you to shoot it down!  Anyway...I digress.  This was where I reached for my little container of oven roasted almonds.  I love munching on nuts while I read.  I noticed they tasted a bit funny, almost fishy but figured it must be some kickback from all the fish oil tablets the eye doctor has me on.  Although I've never noticed that effect before.


After the second handfull I decided they must have gone bad, they just didn't taste right.  Any why is She Devil dancing around like that?  Then I looked at the container.  Same height as my almond.  Same blue lid.  Only this one says Whisker Lickin's.  Yup.  I was eating She Devils crunch lover tuna flavored kitty treats.  They really aren't all that bad...but I think I'll stick to the almonds from now on.


Love Live the Queen of the Crunch Lovers

1 comment: