Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

We had rain again last night and I dutifully ran out to put the cooler up on something in case it flooded out there. It’s a good thing the sides were all down since all I grabbed were slippers for my feet.  The neighbors really don’t need to see a pasty white heavyset naked woman rearranging furniture in the wee hours of the morning.

The morning showed that we only had a small puddle by the steps and that was easily swept away.  After a nice outdoors breakfast we cleaned up and Left Brain installed my countertop extension board.  The stove cover board we worked on last night was a perfect fit after adding one felt foot to balance it.  We can’t abide anything unbalanced in this household except us.

I would like to share a lovely poem from one of my many goofy friends.  This one lives in Waupun...not the prison, just the regular population.  At least I think she’s still on the outside, but her husband did recently retire so there may have been a felony assault charge.  I’m not sure.  Anyway...I will post the verse from Isaiah 11:6 as it should be and then as she puts it.  She does offer her apologies to Isaiah.

Honey, do you hear rain?
" The wolf will live  with the lamb,
the leopard will lie down with the goat,
the calf and the lion and the yearling  together;
and a little child will lead them." 

The Jester will live the Left Brain,
The Chick will lie down with the Old Goat,
The Queen and the King in the Hamlet together,
and a little feline will lead them."

She also suggested Left Brain and I wear green leggings to create “green legs and ham”, but I thought it might be fun to bring in the big guy himself as shown in this photo.


 

1 comment:

  1. Your picture explains where all the rain is coming from:)

    ReplyDelete