Tuesday, January 4, 2011

January 4, 2011

Getting last minute things for the camper before the trip and grabbing things I don't want to forget.  Trying to find a way to get the mail dealt with.  The post office only allows a 30 day hold on mail and it's about $15 a week to use their forwarding service, not to mention we won't have an address to send things to until February.  Working on a couple of different angles.  This week I'm cat sitting for our neighbors and their driveway is very steep.  And shady.  And slippery when snow covered as I found out today.  I gunned the car at the base of the driveway and got about three fourths of the way up to the top and made the mistake of easing up on the gas.  Then I started to slide backwards and somewhat to the side.  The side with the drop off.  Oh, I do not want to explain to Left Brain how I destroyed the car just days before the big take off.  What to do?  What to do?  Well....time to swallow my pride and ask for help.  So, I called Left Brain and he came over and took over behind the wheel.  It's so good to have a professional driver.  I told him to take the car home and I'd walk back.  Thank goodness they have a rope system along the other side of the driveway to pull yourself up the hill.  I managed to arrive safely and sit with the cats for about an hour while I read my Kindle.  I've gotten where the one will sit on my lap now and the phantom cat nobody ever sees will sit about two feet away from me.  Tomorrow we will go visit the grandkids before heading out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment