Friday, January 14, 2011

January 14, 2011


the princess

It's been a quiet day in Spam-a-lot.  The weather has improved a bit, the high was 66 and tomorrow should be 70. Spent the morning adding the items we purchased yesterday. The first thing was additional mattress support for the beds as it was reminding me too much of sleeping in The Boundary Waters.  I can't wait to see what those extra 2 inches can do.   Then I went to the laundry room to catch up on that little chore.  It's been a long time since I needed to scramble for quarters and haul clothes back and forth, find a machine, wait for it to finish to transfer to the dryer.  More quarters.  I was having flashbacks to the early days of living in International Falls (I can't really recommend it) and doing laundry while I ran into the Piggly Wiggly for groceries.  When I came back someone had stolen my maternity clothes and I desperately needed them.  That was a low blow, stealing a pregnant women's clothes.  I had to haul them to the laundry mat in those days as we didn't have running water....oh those were the good old days!  I would bring the clean clothes home and put them in their drawers.  We didn't have a chest or drawers, just the drawers and would stack them one on top of the other. Living in the canned ham is luxury compared to those days...somewhat.  Enough reminiscing...I digress.  Although it was fun today to find out that the sister-in-law of the lady at the park was my third grade teacher. It is a small world after all.

Excuse me, but did you
forget me here


Left Brain bumped the knobs in the bathroom when leaving and when I went into our spacious powder room I was greeted with a soggy bathmat and a sodden mess of toilet paper.  We need to work on that situation immediately.

Then we went to visit our friends in Orlando again.  Yesterday they took us to a park within walking distance of their house where the peacocks roam the neighborhood and roost up in a tree at night.  Now that's something you don't see every day!  I've had a lot of strange animals in my backyard, but never a peacock. Unfortunately I did not have my camera with that day.

Big brother and baby sister

They have a lovely home that they've just moved into with a gorgeous yard and pool.  Lots of room for their lively family of three to play in.  We'll be going back again tomorrow to visit some more.  

1 comment:

  1. Not only am I enjoying these posts, but I'm also learning more about you.
    Plus plus!
    Better days ahead(but probably won't be as interesting to read)

    ReplyDelete