Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

The sun has set and another Memorial Day draws to a close.  One of my recent projects was to scan old photos and it seemed appropriate to post this one of Left Brain's father.  Ken was a paratrooper with the 82nd Airborn and one of the nicest men I've ever met.  May his memory be for a blessing.

One of the highlights of his career was giving Marlene Dietrich a ride on his motorcycle, which was named "My Doris" after his wife.

After recovering from the visit from the Rossings we spent a quiet Monday here at Whispering Pines.  Many of the campers were gone this morning or in various stages of packing up to depart.  The pond looks much more inviting now without hoards of shrieking children jumping in and out of the water.

It appears that She Devil was tiring from all the energy in the house...at least she seemed to be trying to communicate her wishes to us.

Since I will be without a car for a few days while Left Brain deals with getting the Russian students settled in, I ran some errands and got groceries this morning while I was able.

Then we went to the Shores to visit with old neighbors and friends.  Colleen and Eric never fail to throw the best parties - great music, good food and always a wonderful mix of people.

In addition to Chaseburg Mama and Nature Man I got to say "goodbye" to Tom and Karen from across the street.  It is so good to see people you enjoy!

One of the guests organizes hikes in the Twin Cities area, very near where we will be living.  I find this these serendipitous encounters fascinating. You just never know who you'll run into and I'm excited to realize this is my new life.  New people and old friends all intertwined to form some incredible memories for when I'm old and gray....like Left Brain.

Long Live the Queen

2 comments:

  1. You are so bad!! Your supposed to let the hubby think he's just as young as ever! Good for his morale. It's so good to see that you are embracing your new lifestyle in a super optimistic way. Whew! I didn't realized I had that many big words left in me! lol.

    Anytime you folks visit this area, I would absolutely love to meet with you. Gosh, now I'm going to have to clean my house again. (I only do it for special people!) You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to tell you that these are fantastic photos!! Your hubby looks just like his Dad. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete