Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Day in the Park

Friday was a lovely day.  I was privileged to spend the day with Left Brain as he drove for his favorite group on a bike trip to Lanesboro.  There was a blue sky and perfect temperature for the days activities of biking and fishing with a picnic tossed in for good measure. You might say it was just "duckie".

Although my main purpose was to photo the group, this mother duck and her brood swam by and before I knew it I was sprawled out on my belly on the dirt and grass.  I have no shame when it comes to cool photo opportunities!  The kids were really cute too, so it was a full day of snapping the shutter.

While we were enjoying the bike riding portion of the day our house was being signed away.  We are home owners no more!  Well, not stationary homes anyway.  This motor home has felt more like a home to me than most places and I couldn't be happier.  I mean, can you see any sign of stress on Left Brain's face as he takes a moment to rest on the bench?

The group was joined by family and UW La Crosse students and the ratio of child to adult was at least one to one, if not more adults per child.  Many of the family members also attended for the day and helped out with their little ones.  The attending dog was a bit hit with the kids and I couldn't help but laugh as she took her turn at the fountain.

You might say it was a wonderful day for all creatures great and small.

Long Live the Queen of RV Living!



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your photos. Hubby looks very relaxed, just needs a pair of shorts and a tee shirt. It appears your outing was fabulous. I wish you a wonderful Mother's Day too. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, Cheryl. I need lens numbers. Happy MD!

    ReplyDelete