Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Gardening is SO much easier now

I used to spend hours and hours and a lot of money on the gardening at the old house.  This new style of gardening is just perfect for me!

I gathered my few plants up and headed over to Miss M's house to use her soil, tools, etc and leave my mess there.  What a friend!  I finished up my "gardens" in about half an hour.

Since I have limited space the focus is on herbs for cooking and some miniature hostas.

Luckily I found this cute little guy at Rockwood Gardens in Onalaska and decided he'd be perfect for my garlic chives.  I decided he should have a mohawak hairstyle.

The trio of black planters makes it easy for the other herbs to be picked up and moved when traveling.

The black pot for the miniature hostas is kind of boring, but I just had to get something going.  I can always look for something more exciting later on.  The thrill is really in the hunt for plants and pots anyway.



Long Live the Queen of Speed Gardening

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I just love that planter!! It has such a happy face! What a wonderful idea to do herb gardening. I never heard of miniature hostas, so I'll have to look them up on google. You have a fabulous day. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete