Thursday, January 26, 2012

And the wind finally dies down

Here's Left Brain barnstorming the Tropic Winds RV resort in his bi-plane.  He's such a rogue pilot!
When we first moved into Tropic Winds the wind was blowing something furious.  I asked the lady during check in if it was always this windy.  She answered quickly "no" and I was relieved until she added "not always...but usually".


There are days I hate the wind and the constant flapping of the cabana and wondering if we'll become airborne at some point.  I do recall specifically wishing the wind would stop...just STOP!  I understand why some of the pioneer women crossing the great plains went insane.  The wind never stops.  Of course, it may have been from living in a covered wagon with a bunch of howling kids, pregnant, wearing a dress and never having a break.  That might be it.  But I still think it was the wind.


Well...be careful what you wish for.  The wind stopped today.  There was a respite last week also and I'm sensing a pattern here.  When the temperature is in the 80's and the humidity is 100% - the wind dies down to nothing.


Then I find myself wishing for the wind again - just a breeze...anything.  I guess I'm never happy.


Long Live the Queen of the Wind

1 comment:

  1. That's a great photo of Left Brain. By the way, how did he get that nick name? It's so unusual!

    I agree, one must be very careful what we wish for. In the Spring, we say "rain, rain, go away" and in the Summer we wish for rain! Go figure! You have a great night. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete