Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Under the Jolly Roger

Well, I finished the third in the Bloody Jack Series, Under the Jolly Roger.  In this book Jacky finds herself on a whaling boat, believed she is not loved by Jamie and is off on a series of adventures as only she can.  I can identify with this unorthodox, swashbuckling pirate-hearted girl.  I think she lives a bit in all of us women who would like to run away and live wild and have adventures instead of changing diapers, doing laundry, cooking, shopping and all the sundry unappreciated chores that we do. I've check in with Shayna, my literary agent, to find out what to read next.  Even though these are for younger readers, I am finding them quite enjoyable.
Long Live the Old Queen of the High Seas Adventure

1 comment:

  1. Some days, my brain works a bit slowly. I keep going back to your post on March 23, to find the owl. DUH!!!!! Well I don't see an owl, but I do see a rather religious chick (baby chicken). What an unusual looking church! I mean, the "eyes" part of it. (Did you help the photo out with PS? I never would have thought to do this!) You have a great day. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete