Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Albert



Beware the Ides of March!  This is my traditional start of              de-cluttering my closets and drawers....  a form of early spring cleaning.  I believe that when you are no longing using those things you own, they end up owning you.  Each year I turn all the hangers in my closet backwards and write the date down and tape it to the back of the closet. Any hangers not turned back in one year get boxed up and given away.


Yesterday I managed to catch up on household chores and work on some sewing projects.  I am determined to finish up all those stinking projects that have been waiting (some for years) to finally be finished.  In some cases finished means to be thrown away.  This used to bother me, but now I have a happy heart to see it go into the trash.  


March 14th is Albert Einstein's birthday.  One of my favorite quotes of his is "imagination is more important than knowledge"


In his honor I plan to eat cake today.  I think you should also.


Long Live the Queen of Uncluttering...and that means getting rid of all the cake.

1 comment:

  1. I like your way of decluttering things. I'll have to give it a try. Tootsie and I would like to party too, but we don't have cake. Will pink snowballs be okay?

    They were on sale, a box of 12 for $3.00. I only needed two for my daughter in law (these are her favorites) but it was such a bargain that I bought the box. Now I have to eat ten of them. Albert's birthday would be a wonderful excuse for me to do this.

    Please post some photos of the projects that you decide to finish, especially if they are dolls. I love dolls. I'm off to do a bit of that "Ugh stuff" (housework). You have a beautiful day. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete