Monday, April 30, 2012

Whirlwind weekend

Here's a recap of the crazy weekend we've had.
Saturday:  Left Brain was driving and I should have been at shul but the allure of the RV was too strong.  I spent the day hauling stuff into the RV and hauling things back out for Goodwill.  Almost everything is put away and ready to roll.  But I've got lots of time, right?  I thought I did.

Sunday:  Left Brain continued the clean up on the outside and waxed the entire RV in one day.  He's gonna be hurting tonight! This is where I found out the date was April 29th.  Yikes!  I was not aware so many days had flown by.  We gotta get moving!  He was planning to mow the yard before we hauled it up to the kids but it wouldn't start.  Steve came to the rescue with fresh gas and a charger to jump start the battery.  Still no good, so we pushed it up on the trailer and took it as it was.  We arrived in the cities too late to run by the house first so we went right to the athletic complex where Emmy had her softball game.

We finally found our family and watched Em play for a while and we were freezing!  The air was cool and when the wind blew it was not comfortable. Kiersten was in flip flops and quite comfortable....that's kids for ya.  After a bit we decided to head back to the house and unload the stuff and get warmed up.  After unloading everything into their garage we enjoyed a nice supper and visit with the family.  This is where we learned the lawnmower will not fit their the gate in their fence.  Oh well.  Ted was getting over a nasty cold and the kids were coming down with it in full force so we all went to bed early, which was fine with us as we were running out of steam.

Monday:  Up early to start heading back to accomplish today's mission.  We stopped at Little Oscar's for breakfast - one of our favorite places to eat when en route to the cities.  Upon arrival at the house we scurried to load the car up with stuff for Goodwill.  I took that load in and then went to my 12:45 dentist appointment.  When I was ready to leave, Left Brain started driving the motorhome down to West Salem to leave for tomorrow's installation.  I met him down there and we rode back together. 

Then it was back home to put out the trash and recycling before driving down again in the Honda.  On our way back from the second trip to West Salem we stopped at Kwik Trip for gas for the other mower and to Festival Foods for more trash bags.  When I got back to the car he was on his phone with someone about the Canned Ham and he agreed to meet him at 3:30 to show it.

So we headed home to unload the gas and stopped at the storage shed to empty it out and I closed out that contract with them.  One more thing done.  Left Brain checked his email and found that we now have a Texas address for mail forwarding. Just in time and another thing off our check list!

Tired and dragging our back quarters we went out to show the caller our trailer.  I went through my standard little open house showing not expecting anything, he just didn't look that interested to me.  Then, as they say in 'The G-dfather', he made us an offer we couldn't refuse.  As the kids would say "OMG".  He wrote us a check and we took it right to the bank.  Another major hurdle jumped!

So, this evening we were able to sit back at 5:00 to watch the news, sip a cold one and sit stunned with all that has happened in the last 24 hours.  I have now met my goal (except for the finalization on the sale of the house).  We decided this in February while in Texas and I told Left Brain my plan was to return early March, sell everything, find a motor home and move into it early May.  We will be parking the motorhome tomorrow night or Wednesday at the latest if they run into trouble installing the tow bar.

Now I just need to get my dolls to Viroqua tomorrow morning, get the oil changed in the van, submit our bill for the locksmith to the insurance store, return some stuff to Shopko and Walmart that didn't work, get an emergency key made so we don't have to recontact the former mentioned locksmith and prepare for my sleep study.  It's so nice to have an easy day to look forward to!

I knew I forgot something in all this process, so tomorrow I will be wearing a pair of Left Brain's underwear since I forgot to pack those and the RV is in another city.  Oh well. I guess that's a small price to pay.

Long Live the Queen of Dreams Coming True!

PS  - I know - where are the photos?  Soon, I promise.  I will take pictures of the new RV as soon as we park it in our first RV spot.

1 comment:

  1. First, let me say that I love your apple art. Very creative! Second, I'm plum tuckered out. All that running around you did took the wind right out of my sails. How do you do it girl?
    Gosh, it's not even my RV, and I'm getting so excited for you.

    Can't wait to see the first batch of photos of the both of you in your new life adventure. Now I think I'll have me a cold one to help you celebrate. You have a great night. Hugs, Edna B.