Friday, April 27, 2012

Busy Days

Well, the motorhome is in our driveway and we've been busy working on it to prepare for our new life.  Yeah yeah, I know...where are the photos?  We've been so busy I haven't had time to shoot any yet.  But soon!  I promise.   

Our first challenge arose yesterday when one of the jacks dropped down and refused to go back up again.  Hmmm.  Our neighbor ran home and got some tools since we aren't sure where ours are right now and tried to help, but it requires a new part.  We'll have this fixed as soon as it comes in.

Left Brain was very frustrated with this and of course all the neighbors walking by wanted to stop in for a look.  Since it wasn't leveled yet, the sides were not out and I know he would have prefered to do this quietly and privately but he stayed very patient as people went in and out.  Slowly but surely we're both learning to enjoy the journey and try not to rush to get "finished" with the project at hand.

Today was more hauling stuff in and dragging out things that will need to stay behind.  It's all about making a decision and I just keep telling myself it's all just stuff and only keep that which is necessary or too dear to part with. I went up to see Eric and take a look at a computer he thought would work well for me and I loved it.  It has a 17" screen and fast processor, so I ordered it.  After this arrives I'll load Lightroom, Photoshop Elements and my HDR software so I'm ready to play on the road. 

Then I was ready to head out with Colleen for lunch at the Indian buffet with Karen.  I decided to close the door in case Ozzie stopped by and decided to roam about with muddy feet.  He's the neighbor dog and somewhat of a character - no social graces at all but so friendly and cute you can overlook it.  Who would have thought that just closing the door might lock it.  With both sets of our keys inside! 

American Lock and Key arrived quickly and managed to pick the lock on the drivers door to gain entry.  Whew!  We just took out the roadside assistance insurance two days ago and I have my very first claim already!  Then I'll be having some exra keys made up for emergencies.  I'm very glad that both of these "challenges" happened right in our own driveway while we still have a house to live in.

I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow!

Long Live the Queen of Challenges

1 comment:

  1. Knowing that you locked your keys inside the motor home made me feel so much better about myself. I've locked myself a few times. Both my car and my house. Luckily I also carry motor insurance and I gave keys to my son in law.

    I can't wait to see your pictures. It's getting so exciting now. I can't believe how quickly all of this was accomplished! Good luck with your new computer, and have a wonderful day. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete