Thursday, April 12, 2012

Another fruitful day

Today had absolutely nothing scheduled to do.  Wow!  These days bother me the most because the possibilities are unlimited and therefore overwhelming.  So I did what my kind do in this dilemma.  I made a list.

Then I helped Roger carry in lamps and clothing.  This inspired me to move everything out of the guest bedroom into ours, so my clothes are nowsharing space with Left Brain's in his closet. This frees up both bedrooms for his use in storing things. Not on the list, but it felt good.

Since that went so well I moved the printer and all the other stuff in the studio out as well and put it in the family room.  Not being able to stop myself, I cleared out the things I'd started to pack in the dining room and hauled them to the back door in the family room as well. Not on the list, but might as well do it since I have time today.

While I was doing this, I washed and dryed the new sheets and mattress pad for the bed to have it ready for the motorhome as soon as we get possession of it.  Then I cleaned the kitchen and did the dishes and vacuumed the floor and carpet. Okay, not on the list, but still....

Now I feel better - a list with things to accomplish and cross off I loaded up my car with several items that needed to travel and set off on my course.

First stop was at the hospital to meet up with my funny friend and deliver a basket of fairy garden things for her son.  While there I had a chance to ask her advice about doing stand up comedy for the RV crowd and get some pointers.  Then I ran into Beth and chatted for a brief minute.  I wish it could have been longer, but I'll take what I can get.

Second stop was Battery Mart to drop off two old disgusting batteries that had been sitting in the garage forever.  I was able to get rid of the jug of used oil earlier at Greased Lightening, so all those icky things were out of the car.

Third stop was to return the huge oversized portrait of Left Brain to the artist that painted him.  Stops at Peggy's are never less than an hour and we had much to talk about and share so a good deal of my time was spent there.

By this time the sun was going down and I was hungry and tired so the last thing in the car will have to wait.  I've been carrying around the previous cats ashes for some time now trying to find just the perfect place to bury them.  Inspiration hit the other day and now I just need to get there when it's nice and quiet and dig quickly...for reasons I can't go into here.

It sure was nice to have such a quiet leisurely day!

Long Live the Queen of List Mania

2 comments:

  1. Holy Cow !!!

    Good on ya Queenie ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, have some containers of ashes of previous loved furry kids. Lately I have been thinking that I should find someplace nice and put them to rest. I think I'll do that this Spring. Thank you for reminding me. Enjoy your rest while you can, and have a great day. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete