Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Puppy pads - my new best friend

The battle of the litter box has been waging for a long time now, but I think I finally have She Devil outflanked.
We have tried the regular ones, the huge ones, and the small one inside of the huge one in an attempt to keep her gifts inside the box.  But not our She Devil...oh no, she likes to think outside the box.  And to do her business outside it as well.
Well, I think I have it figured out.  I found a massive litter box with high sides and a lid (with charcoal filter) so there's only one way in and out.  No more tossing of litter on the floor and walls.  She is an exuberant litter tosser.  No more standing in the middle of the box and aiming her tush over the edge.  Well, almost.
She still prefers the walk in, or most the way in at least, and letting nature take its course.  This used to result in a lot of carpet cleaning outside her box.
A bath mat was placed on the outer edge of the box to catch the litter and droppings.  She just saw that as the place to squat and not bother with the box at all.  I wish I could say the poor old thing is just confused but it is my contention that's she's one diabolical cat.
So....I have discovered the pads for housebreaking puppies.  Now one of these is outside the entrance (the ONLY entrance and exit) to the litter box.  It works great.  She did miss the other day....well, I'm not sure if it's a miss or where she's aiming...and all the liquid stayed on the puppy pad.
I was able to just fold it up and add it to the litter bag with the other gifts left properly inside for me.  I think I may have this problem nipped in the bud after all!
Of course, she'll find some way to destroy my plans...I'm sure of that.
Long Live the Queen of the Litter

1 comment:

  1. This is a good common sense Blog. Very helpful to one who is just finding the resources about this part. It will certainly help educate me.
    pet underpads

    ReplyDelete