Thursday, June 23, 2011

A poem

I attempted my hand at poetry to put yesterdays drama to verse.  Hey...it's a long car ride, there's lots of time to work on this stuff.


Twas the night before take off and all through the house,
not a creature was stirring, especially my spouse.


The camper was already hitched to the car,
the journey starts early - the distance is far.


We went to sleep early to assure we were rested,
for a family reunion where strength may be tested.


Left Brain fell asleep quite quickly as normal,
I flipped and I flopped - my sleep is hormonal.


When out on the deck there arose such a clatter,
with crashing and banging - what could be the matter?


I flew from my bed while he slumbered on,
He'll sleep through anything - I'll brave it alone.


I flipped on the switch to the lights for outdoors,
I'm wide awake now and onward he snores.


Out on the deck rolls the big metal can,
the one with the fish food to keep close at hand.


And there was the culprit, the big bad buffoon.
I knew it!  I knew it!  It's that big fat raccoon!


So clad in a towel and slippers I went,
outside with my broom - I'm a woman hell bent.


To retrieve the cans and the fish food they keep,
and go back to bed and hurry to sleep.


Long Live the Queen of Poetic Nonsense



No comments:

Post a Comment