Monday, September 22, 2014

We are Ready to Roll!

The day didn't go completely as planned, but was a good one anyway.  Our missing shipment finally arrived and we ran up to the park to pick it up.  Finally!  Now we just need to find someplace to install it, but one step at a time.

They make the hugest marshmallows up here!
We have our reservations to board the ferry tomorrow at 9:15, that should be fun since we don't usually get up very early...but we'll have to make an exception.

After we had the part in the car we went to grab some lunch and since Left Brain is not a fan of Indian cuisine, we ended up at I-Hop.  Oh well, at least I wasn't hungry any more.

Then we stopped at Walmart for some things and I took him home.  He put the bikes on the car while I put away our purchases and then I headed out for my last adventures.

The specialty kitchen store didn't have the electric frying pan I wanted either, so that will have to wait until we land someplace and I can have it shipped.  This one is submersible, which will make cleaning easier.

The quilt store was beautiful but I left empty handed, which always feels wrong, but there just wasn't anything I needed.  

Then it was off to Petco to snag some cat food before we leave this area.  We never know what we will find or not find and G-d forbid the cats don't have their food.  We can shuck and jive...them, not so much.

Last stop was to Safeway to buy yet some more of my favorite coconut curry soup to freeze in case I don't find another store any time soon.  They were completely out.  Bummer.  So I picked up some clam chowder and jambalaya  that I like.  I almost got my flu shot, but didn't have my health insurance card with me, so that will be put on hold as well.

The rest of the afternoon was spent putting things away for an early departure, all those sewing projects had to go back into storage for a while.  Left Brain did the laundry, so that's all caught up for a while as well.

This is Gracie's reaction to learning we'll be moving again soon.

It's been a nice stay here, but we're both frothing at the bit to get back on the road and explore new vistas.  Our plan is to stay at the Escapee park in Chimacum, near the Olympic National Park, for a week to take in the area and be able to get our mail shipped to us again.

This will be a first for me, putting the RV on a ferry.  I'll be driving the car and he'll follow in See-More.  For the cost of the voyage I doubt we could afford to drive around the long this is part of the adventure.

So, if you don't hear from us for a while it means we are off the grid and I'll catch up later.

Our nightly sunset view from the RV

Long Live the Queen of Farewell


  1. good luck with the ferry! ahoy, matey!

  2. Wowee, I didn't realize that an RV could go by ferry. What an adventure you are having! That's an awesome photo of Gracie. She has such a beautiful face. I know how you feel about leaving a craft shop empty handed. There's just something not right about it. Ah well, there's always the next store. You have a fabulous day, hugs, Edna B.

  3. How exciting. Even though Gracie isn't impressed, I am. Stay safe and enjoy!