Thursday, September 4, 2014

Little House on the Prairie Revisited

We are now in Glacier Park, but have not had internet until today, so I'm trying to get caught up.  But for now...here's my farewell salute to North Dakota.


First there was this cool little house in the grasslands.



 Then there was this shot of a rounded hill top.  Hmmm, perfect place for a house.



But then I decided to transform this into a storybook illustration.

To do this I started by using Magic Extractor to remove the house and then skewed the house to change the shape.  Then I added 5% of noise and applied poster edges to the image.  A cloud was placed over the image and blended with a soft light effect.  And finally I placed one of my favorite background textures and again used the soft light blending to give it a scratchy, scruffy look.



Now we have a little house on the prairie that could be in any child's storybook.

Long Live the Queen of Easy Illustrations

4 comments:

  1. I love it! Your best ever, Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative! You did a great job with the editing. Where is this "magic extractor"? Is it in PS CS6? Do let me know so that I can try it out. I never realized just how beautiful Montana is. Have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete