Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Finally....we are in Washington

Not real far into Washington, but still....

Left Brain checked our mileage from the last trip and we have achieved just under 7 miles to the gallon...woo hoo!


They have some right big guns out here in the west!

However, our journey today took us over the Cascades, at times going about 25 mph and pulling over on each turn out to allow cars to pass us, and climbing to 5575 feet in altitude.

Hmm, not rocks falling or this place rocks...just rocks
My biggest excitement today was spotting a Safeway Grocery store.  Left Brain could tell by the look on my face and my incoherent mumbling to "pull over!" that I was going to do some shopping.

I did the fastest run through you could imagine, with my first stop being to pick up four containers of my favorite red curry coconut soup.  I know what I'm having for supper tonight!


I love these old abandoned farm buildings we see on the way

Then we stopped for lunch and at first I was disappointed that it was just a Pizza Hut, but when you're a long vehicle you go where there's parking and there was a supermarket across the street where we could leave See-More.

To my pleasant surprise, this Pizza Hut is a pilot store for a new way of doing things.  There's two more like it in New York City and Walla Walla WA.  It is a full service, sit down restaurant with great music playing that any Boomer would enjoy.

The service was friendly and the food was delish...the prices were that of a fast food place, maybe even cheaper.  I guess you can't judge a book by its cover.  As soon as I got back on internet I went to Yelp to post a review.

We had planned to stay two nights at the Winchester's RV Park in Republic WA since the Passport America rate was only $15, but required a two night stay.  No problem...I would enjoy being off the road for two nights.

The bad news is that I didn't read ALL the description in the Passport America directory and those rates are only for specific time frames.  The good news is that we could still use our Good Sam card for a $34 rate and this park is so nice and clean I don't care what they charge.

The sites are level with paved surface, surrounded by neatly trimmed lush green grass.  There are some trees for shade, the staff was friendly and there's free WiFi.

We are looking forward to some time off the road to regroup and reorganize.  Some things went flying badly on this trip so I need to find creative ways to anchor them down better.


Our current home for two nights - no mud....aaaaaaah

It looks like we'll get into our longer stay campground in Washington sooner than planned, but that's okay too.

Long Live the Queen of Washington

4 comments:

  1. glad you made it to 'high ground'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you are willing to pay whatever I have contacted the office and they will be issuing you a new bill at a much higher rate. Hey business is business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this place looks just beautiful. I'll bet the kitties love the smell of grass under their tunnel. I like the idea of this new Pizza Hut service. Maybe it will be come our way too. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete