Friday, September 19, 2014

Sewing in Mt Vernon WA

Having some time on our hands is a nice feeling and I took advantage of this down time to get out the sewing machine.

The off-white covers I made for our chair tables were not a good color choice.  I don't know what I was thinking.  When the kids left home we thought the house would be so easy to keep clean, but much to our dismay we found out that we are pigs.  It wasn't them...it was us.  Oh well, as long as they never find that out.


Since everything has to have more than one function here, I created a quilted cover where one side matches the chair and toaster oven cover since I had some of that fabric left over.



The flip side of that is this little Halloween/Fall theme quilt.



And then to change it up even more, I created a lining out of this cool money fabric for a third option.  I could have used yet another fabric for the second half of the lining, but was getting too impatient to finish.



Now Left Brain can at least feel like he has his hands on some money.


It's really nice to have one object with three different views and I think I'll do a cover for George's window bed with four different fabrics in the same manner.  Maybe for the four different seasons.   Hmmm, I guess I have more shopping to do yet.

I've started a runner for the top of my new shelves, which will have two different patterns as well for variety.  Photos of that will come after it is quilted and in place. 


Long Live the Queen of Stitchery

5 comments:

  1. laughing at the pile o' money in his lap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am glad that Left Brain has piles of money to balance out your shopping! Ha!
    I love the quilts! And it looks like Grizelda on the Halloween quilt!
    You are so much fun! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the money fabric would have been better for his briefs/ maybe that's why he's covering up.???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has anyone ever accused you of being hyperactive. You wore me out just reading everything that you did, are doing and are planning to do. Do you ever stop? I think you would do really well if you could make money quilts that were actually spendable ... I would take one of those. To be honest, I am just insanely jealous of your many talents and wish I could accomplish a tenth of what you do in a given day. Really a four sided quilt cover for the cats window bed? Oh my ... next time you come my way, you must stay longer. I have all sorts of planed projects for you both inside and out ... and my cats could use a few of those four sided quilt covers ... oh yes, and a quilt:) You are just too much fun. Now I have to ask ... has PSFriday passed away or is it in the offing again :) Rest well tonight, Queen of multiplicity.

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness you've been busy! I love your new cover, especially that money mat for Left Brain. I would love to see photos of the kitty quilt when it is finished. You seem to have the same problem I have......each new thought creates the need for another run to the fabric shop (yarn shop in my case). haha. Enjoy your downtime. Have a fabulous weekend. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete