Friday, April 5, 2013

Photo Fun Friday

I'm taking a page from Andrea and trying out a theme.  There's no guarantee that this will continue, but my plans are to post a photoshop project each Friday.

This will force me, er..I mean encourage me...to get off my tookas and make it happen.

This is what the photo of a bird looked like as it came out of the camera.


Then I used the magic extractor to get rid of everything but the bird and his perch.

I added the background and threw in a butterfly graphic that I thought would look nice with it.

Then I applied a couple of different filters to it, one with soft light and one with multiply, both reduced to about 50% opacity.

It didn't take very long to accomplish and was kind of fun, both things I enjoy immensely.

This is how it ended up after the altercations.



Also, a thank you to Wayne from PA for his suggestion of a mono pod.  I've been researching this and think that may be the answer for me, especially if I get a nice ball-head mount for it.

Long Live the Queen of the Birds


 

3 comments:

  1. Photoshop is on my list of "learn to" things. Any advice on getting started? Hey, good job driving the rig. At Cave Creek I hooked up and moved ours all by myself, while Al stayed back at a safe distance. Safe travels, Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long Live the Queen of PhotoShop you mean ... this is absolultely awesome. I didn't know about this side of you ... I am very impressed. And now I will be looking forward to your Friday posts. You should join Photo Art Friday ... we have a great time and you can post anything you want if you don't like the prompt (which rarely happens because Bonnie's prompts are fun and educational).

    I must make this short because I have to get up early tomorrow for Izzi's Trial. But, I will be back, maybe tomorrow. Love the picture ... Queen of Right Brain :)

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete