Thursday, April 18, 2013

Mel's Hard Luck Diner

We are settled into Turkey Creek RV Village here in Branson MO.  All the trees are blooming and spring is in full force.
There's a small stream that runs behind the campground

See More likes the big trees and colorful blooms

I added a poster edges filter to this one


We weren't able to get any tickets to shows we wanted to see the first day we were in Branson, so we decided to go and check out Mel's Hard Luck Diner.




This is a highly rated restaurant so there was a bit of a wait since a bus had just disgorged its passengers as we arrived.  The waiters perform as they are making their rounds to serve customers.

I tried to capture this with my cell phone, but since I have no clue what I'm doing I had to fall back on good old You Tube to bail me out.


We both had the reubens which were tasty and it was fun to watch the different performers singing as they carried water to the tables and rang up the bills. A truly unique experience.

Long Live the Queen of Hard Luck

2 comments:

  1. Oh, those trees are AWESOME! Some of our trees are beginning to blossom, but your photos are just gorgeous. Are they purple? Oh wow, what kind of trees are they? Mel's Diner sounds like lots of fun. My hubby used to love going to restaurants where the servers sang and performed. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful scene! Our rivers and the chain of lakes here in NE IL are flooded! Stay safe with the little creek there, and enjoy Spring the way it is meant to be!

    ReplyDelete