Monday, October 7, 2013

Mandarin Orange Monday -monarch butterfly

One of the things I miss from my old yard was the ease of taking photos of flowers and insects. I have to do a bit more hunting now as we prowl across the country.  But the flipside of that is I get to see some stuff I never would have seen in my back yard.



This is a monarch butterly.  They would come to eat the milkweed I planted just for them.

It is unaltered - he's his own lovely orangie self.

Long Live the Queen of Bugs

3 comments:

  1. I have to agree about the beauty of your butterfly. We planted two butterfly bushes in my yard, and now I get to watch them all summer long. I envy all the gorgeous birds and plants that you get to see by travelling that I don't see around here. It has to be so exciting. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! You are good at this, my friend. I love the reality of your photography. You bring out the natural beauty and accentuate the colours. Lovely. I'm not into abstract or impressionism. I don't think one can improve upon nature. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, now, thanks to living vicariously through you, I was able to visit a plantation. As to the monarch butterfly, I kayaked around some Mississippi Islands, today. You, I mean a bright orange Monarch, flew right down from high in sky, and over front of kayak. You are sneaky. :-) pond lois Oh, have some new driftwood and metal things around pond, plus more rock overlooks, above. Of course you are welcome to stop in someday. :-)

    ReplyDelete