Friday, September 6, 2013

Photoshop Friday - butterfly weed

One of my all time favorites is butterfly weed, although it's really too pretty and not nearly invasive enough to be called a weed.


This is the original photo



This is using the paint daubs filter

This is using the ink outlines filter

Then I used the distortion filter to bloat and swirl it, finishing off with a watercolor filter
 

This image was bloated with the distortion filter to make the blossoms larger and then I
applied the poster edges filter
 


I love using the bloat feature to enlarge the blooms - it can do stuff Miracle Grow can only dream of.

Long Live the Distorted Queen....er, I mean Queen of Distortions

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I'll have to try that filter. I like what it did for your image. I agree with you, this is a beautiful "weed". You have a fun day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was really pretty. This would have made a great Mandarin Orange Monday! You have gotten very creative with your art. I like the reality of it, with a touch of a surreal quality. I'm not too fond of abstract. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete