Saturday, September 7, 2013

Book review - Dark Places

Gillian Flynn has a writing style of which I've not encountered before.  Distubing - creepy - thought provoking...I can't seem to get enough.





She has a knack for creating stories with sociopathic people with very dark minds.

My favorite part of this book was in the acknowledgements in the back where she mentions her gratitude to her family.  She tongue in cheek admires her husband for knowing what she writes about had still having the courage to close his eyes and sleep with her at night.

Hmmm.  Maybe I'd be keeping one eye open.

Long Live the Queen of Reading.

2 comments:

  1. How true when a mind has such thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your reading. I don't read this type of book any more. When I fall asleep at night, I like to stay asleep with no bad dreams. I know, I'm chicken. cluck cluck. Have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete