Saturday, September 21, 2013

Happy Trails to You...

We stopped for gas and there was food available, so I ran in to grab us some grub.  I've never eaten at a Roy Rogers before, but always loved his cowboy movies as a kid, so I figured 'why not?'

If you have never partaken of this culinary delight before....don't start now!  Just say "neigh"!

I recall as a child that after Trigger's demise Roy had him stuffed and mounted for display in his home. 

I never gave any thought to what they may have done with....well, you know...his remains.

This thought occurred to me as I chewed away at a dry, old tasteless burger and I couldn't help but wonder if I might be eating the last of Trigger.




The fries were served up in a cardboard "holster" of all the stupid things.  Since we were sharing them I couldn't hook it on to my belt for speed draw eating.

Long Live the Queen of Horrible Burgers

3 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you about the food at the Roy Rogers food stops. Nasty! Roy and Dale were among my favorites when I was younger too. Did you know that Trigger shared his birthday with me? Well, maybe not the same year, but the same day of the year. lol. Be safe travelling and have a fun day. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor Roy ... he was all about fairness and quality and now look what they are doing to make a buck off of his name. Good that you shared this, because as an old Roy Rogers fan myself, I would have been drawn in to one of these places had I seen one. Now, no way ... Tigger was a tough old horse, so if that is what you were eating, I'm not surprised. So I take it you are headed for Washington DC still ... waiting for those posts. Hope they are not as disappointing as Roy's place. Be safe and eat well, Queen of the Cowboys ...

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete