Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May Day ...May Day!

Since I'm monitoring owls lately, I couldn't pass up posting this cute photo of an owl with the kitties

Today is windy but still no sign of the rain, or G-d forbid the snow they keep threatening, so I decided it was a good day for laundry.  How else should I celebrate our one year anniversary of full-time RV'ing?  It's hard to believe it's been a full year of rolling about the country in See-More.  Time flies so fast when you're having fun.

Waldo is testing out his wings today or just trying to stay on the nest, I'm not sure


The additional beauty of being here is you can hang things out on a clothesline.  There are an abundance of lodgepole pine trees next to us and so I merrily skipped along with my long length of rope and created lots of hanging space.  Having them scented with fresh air and pine is a bonus.  Yup, it's true.  If you give the queen enough rope, she'll hang clothes to dry.

My computer guy from La Crosse Computers tells me that my new table is in and will be ready for me to pick up on Thursday.  He found me a Fujitsu Stylistic table that will be very nice to travel with as I can carry it easily into places with free Wi-Fi while on the road.

After my visit with Bob and knowing what I want for my next camera equipment I contacted National Camera in Minneapolis.  They will take my older model Canon Rebel xti in trade for the purchase of my new monopod and ball head.  We'll be up there this weekend, so I will be able to test it out while visiting the kids.

I've added a new bird feeder to the window near my table.  Nobody seems to have found it yet, but the birds are coming very regular now, so it's just a matter of time.

I met with JuJuBean and her sister at Panera for lunch before getting my perm.  One by one I keep connecting with everyone.  After this was done I ran a couple of errands and picked up some more groceries.

Thankfully I had put a crockpot full of chili to simmer all day long so supper was ready when I returned.  But first I had to go check on the owls.  I went in the car since it's so cold and blustery.

The mother was gone and I could now see Waldo and both of his siblings.  I feel so sorry for Waldo stuck out on that limb all alone while his siblings snuggle together in the nest eight feet above him.  However, Waldo is almost twice the size of them.  One of my friends says that the mother always feeds him first.  I guess he needed the most beefing up to weather the storms in the open.

This was the first time I saw them without her and I wondered if I might be to watch a feeding when she returned from the hunt.  But I felt so bad watching them waiting and when the wind gusts would almost blow Waldo off the limb.  I have to just have faith in Mother Nature that things will work out the way they are meant to and left to return to my own snug metal nest and a meal of piping hot chili.

Long Live the Queen of Wind...wait a minute, that didn't sound right!

 

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, the owl and the kitties look like they could be cousins. lol. It must be so excditing to watch Waldo and his family. I just love the photos. I agree about how nice it is to be able to hang the wash outside. Not only does it stay whiter, but it smells so darn good. Mmmmmmmm.

    I don't know how close all that snow is to you, but do stay safe. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, guess what ... I think Waldo must be a Waldina (or something of that nature) because the difference in size probably means Waldo is a little girl :). As for the cold they can tolerate that better than the heat so she is probably fine ... the wind is more worrisome. I wouldn't want her to end up on the ground again though judging from her size she could probably protect herself pretty well at this point.

    I think sitting in a church making book covers for a Rabbi is a marvelous thing to do. I love the idea of incorporating all religeous thought into our own lives ... so enriching and inspiring. You are certainly in a position to do that :) And, we can add bookcovers to your long list of talents.

    Tell me about this tablet. I have never heard of it ... I am looking into the "Bamboo" tablet that allows you to draw on your pictures to make them artsy. Don't know how it works, but it sounds like a new dimension of photo art to me and I am always looking for ways to up my game.

    Congratulations on one year of traveling in a Canned Ham. What is the plan now ... more of the same or off to other parts of the country. I envy your freedom, though there have been a few moments you have experienced that I could have passed on. I would love to be able to move about to find new things to take pictures of, but that is not going to be my fate, so I just have to make do with the options I have (which really are not bad :) Sounds like being in home territory is gratifying ... Stay well and stay warm Queen of Wind (?) really? :)

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete