Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Who's driving that rig?

Just when I think nothing can shock me anymore something like this happens.  We got new neighbors right before we left and they also are going through the process of becoming "paper Texans" while on the road.  This must be the spot they put us all in.

Anyway, as I glanced over to their rig I wondered about the driver sitting so low and then did a double take.  It seems one of their two hounds enjoys sitting in the drivers seat.  The second one likes to lay on the dash.  The photo doesn't do it justice, he really looks very intent on watching the road from his spot and very cute.

Not 10 mph, but 9.9
 
We went over maps and books last night sizing up where we might want to go and what there is to see on the way to Hondo.  I think we'll stop at Stephen Austin State Park for a night or two as it looks very pretty.

I just discovered that Huntsville has the Texas Prison Museum featuring none other than "Old Sparky" the electric chair.  I'm not sure if we'll get that worked in or not...it may have to wait until next time we're down this way.

Texas has more than it's fair share of oddities and strange roadside attractions and my plan is to see all of them sooner or later.  It's the oddball stuff that makes me smile.  Hmm, I'm picturing a Route 66 drive one of these years.

Long Live the Queen of Traveling

1 comment:

  1. I think whoever made up that 9.9 speed limit sign has a peculiar sense of humor. It's not easy keeping that needle at the 9.9 mark. I enjoyed the photo of the dog in the driver's seat. You have a wonderful day. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete