Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Getting ready for the take off

Preparing for a journey is different for everyone.  Today I went in for a massage and conversation with Kathy at Caring Hands.  She found many tight muscles that I didn't even know I had, I thought I was starting to get pretty relaxed lately.  Of course that was before I called the Safe Ride people to get some questions answered about my class this coming weekend.

As you recall, Left Brain and I bought a bright blue Yamaha scooter as our "second vehicle".  We are now a one and a half car family.  However, to be licensed for this I need to either take a road class or pass the test at the DMV.  As luck would have it there was a class the last weekend of our stay in Wisconsin so I signed up for it.

During my conversation today the leader confirmed some information for me and reminded me that I did not need to bring my scooter - they would provide the bikes for us.  In my mind this would be a scooter.  But nay nay!  It will be a 250cc motorcycle.  Yikes!  This is not what I had envisioned, but it should be okay.

I washed a load of clothes this afternoon and they are hanging out on the line waiting to dry and should be ready sometime tomorrow.  They were done too late in the day to get dry, but I love the scent of them from being out in the night air anyway.

I was trying to enjoy the fresh air scent on the pillow case last night but forgot to remove the CPAP first.  You don't really smell anything with that thing strapped to your face.

Short post tonight but I will close with a couple of photos I've played around with.

This is the one I took of Wheezy (sorry if I'm spelling her name wrong, Shayna) when she came to visit us up north.

She is just the cutest little pug and so funny.

She doesn't look athletic, but I watched her play a mean game of football with the boys.

another version of the photo
the original photo




So, as you can see, it is possible
to alter a mediocre photo and
make it look totally different.

Long Live the Queen



2 comments:

  1. You will do fine at the Safe Ride course! It's a lot of fun (once they let you out of first gear!) By the last class (I took it for 8 weeks), I was able to ride over a 2x4 (log) without falling over!!

    Long live the queen of hair flowing in the breeze!

    :) Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your lessons. You'll do just fine. I love what you did with the doggie photo. I signed up for lessons too, only mine were with not riding a motorcycle. I'm not that brave. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna b.

    ReplyDelete