Sunday, June 3, 2012

Getting settled in

Things are starting to feel, well....normal.  And that is such a good thing!

Left Brain and I have a routine going now that seems to be working, as does She Devil.  I'm starting to feel comfortable with the smaller sized bed and there's been a couple of good nights with the CPAP machine.  Maybe we'll become friends after all!

The warped back portion of the corian countertop that fits over the stove has been taken to Interior Design in Holmen to see if it can be straightened.  I've also asked for an estimate on what it would cost to create a cutting board that would fit over that area in place of it should they not be able to repair it.

My favorite photo was taken into Michaels to replace the regular glass with anti glare glass so it can be enjoyed from the living room and hallway.  It's the only large art piece I have and it bummed me out that it couldn't be easily viewed. However, after paying close to $70 for a 16 x 20 piece of special glass it doesn't seem to make any difference at all.  So, Monday it will be going back in to talk to the manager about a refund.  Maybe hanging it without any glass is the answer and it would be lighter also.

After making a call to Best Buy about being upset with having been sold the wrong software, they agreed to allow me to return it and pay for an upgrade to the one I wanted.  So, I ran that in to get switched out and will be loading that today to make sure it works.

I picked up a Berlitz Learning System for Spanish also.  Oh, so much software....so much fun!  This is to provide me lots of activity once I leave my home area and all my buddies.

Long Live the Queen - the REAL one...not that Elizabeth one

1 comment:

  1. Yup, long live YOU too!! lol. What kind of software are you talking about? I went to Best Buy too, and I bought printer ink and a 64 GB thumbdrive that was on sale (unadvertised) for just $40. What a bargain!! You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete