Sunday, August 28, 2011

Temporary delays

This blog has been interrupted by the Great River Folk Festival, my new home away from home for the weekend.  Aaaah...life in a 10 x 10 space.  It's like being in prison but without visible bars.


However, as shows go this is very pleasant as there is music all day long and I am perfectly located between the food tents and bathroom. Could you want anything more?


Yesterday I was having a lovely conversation with a woman who also makes dolls who happened to mention that she grew up in my home town.  When I asked her name I almost fell off my chair.  Here in front of me was my very own first cousin of long ago.  She invited me to come and visit and catch up and I can't wait for the opportunity to do so.  You just never know who you might run into.


I spent the day under the shade of a large tree working on more items for future shows and have been approached by several people who may want some custom creations done...my very favorite thing.


This used to cause pressure on the day of delivery (D-day to me) as I was so worried they would like it, had changed their mind..yada yada yada.  I alleviated that fear by making all custom creations 100% guaranteed.  If for any reason the customer does not want what I have created they do not pay a dime...no muss, no fuss, no hard feelings.  This reduces anxiety on both sides and if the doll is refused (I've yet to have it happen), it will just go into the general inventory for future sales.  Since all my creations are somewhat crazy looking this isn't a problem.


So, after a night of resting and snuggling She Devil, I've filled her belly with tuna and am ready to slide out the door for day two of my adventure.  The weather looks good with blue skies and there where no storms last night, so my booth should be intact.


Long Live the Queen of Sales

1 comment:

  1. Hope your weekend went well. It should, your dolls are gorgeous! Hurricane Irene was not so nice to us, left us with no electric power, no TV, no internet, no phone service. So far, no one knows when they will be able to start working on fixing our problems. Man, it is DARK at night now. Not even a firefly stops by the window to shed a little light our way.

    I'm off now to see about getting more batteries and maybe a generator. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete