Saturday, January 25, 2014

More secret storage places

It's always a challenge to find those extra few inches of storage in an RV...but they are there if you just look for them.

My most recent find was utilizing the space behind the curtains on the side windows.  

By putting a command hook on the upper part of the glass, I can hang a little bag to store small items.  This one has the attachments to the vacuum cleaner.




The shallow cabinets above the side windows are pretty much useless with only a 4" depth.  

But I managed to find a metal holder that was 3 15/16" that works nicely to store those camping books.

The shelf above it has a clear fridge container and holds odds and ends that we probably don't need, but there they are.

The other side has a similar theme with yet more guides to campsites.  The upper part has two containers, the smaller one hold CDs for music and the larger one has DVDs for movies and computer stuff.


As you can see, small tension rods hold the items in place so after driving you don't open the door and get whacked on the head by falling objects.



The outside of the cabinet has a hook also for Left Brain to store his hats.  

Those bald guys sure have a lot of hats!



When finding the white metal holder, I spied the pencil cup.  Hmmm...might this fit.  Yes, it did!  My cup holder on the co-pilot side is too large and my water bottle falls over.  By adding this to that spot now my water bottle stands tall.




The box on the co-pilot side next to my new cup holder stores  items for cleaning our glasses, sunglasses, hair brush (for me, definitely not him), hard candy and gum for those long rides.

The area behind the TV is used to house all kinds of junk we seldom use that have an electronics theme, such as cables, connectors, blank DVDs and the like.  You'll just have to use your imagination here, no photos to show you THAT mess.

The pockets on the back of the drivers and co-pilot chairs hold the GoPro camera, battery chargers, headphones, USB cables and electronic stuff that does get used often.  There's also some magazines and flyers that I've kept for whatever reason in there.

Well, that's it for the RV Storage Wars.

Long Live the Queen of Hiding Things

4 comments:

  1. make sure you save room for left brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made an art out of organizing your mini spaces ... me I just take a grocery bag and hook it over a doorknob and voila ... but then, it has been clear for some time that my way is not always the best way and your way always seems to work ... hmmm. As for your spoiled cats ... boy have they got you wrapped ... Good for them! Izzi said to tell Gracie and George that she has wrapped her parents too :). That makes for a good life, right? Good thing cats have homing devices in theri heads ... at the rate you are going, without them, they would have a hard time finding their way back into the house. My comments have been spotty lately ... keeping too busy for some reason. I hope to get back into the swing soon. Glad to see all is going well with you. Queen of Cat Mazes.

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could write a book for people who want to travel in an RV, as you do. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm catching up on my blog reading, and wow, I love your new kitty toys. Your kitties are so lucky to be with you. But that's how it should be. Fur babies are meant to be cuddled and spoiled. I've said it before, your organizational skills are just awesome. I'm with Andrea. I grab a plastic bag and fill it. Voila! New storage space. Not exactly the best. lol. When will you be starting Photoshop Friday? I'm looking forward to it. You have a fabulous day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete