Thursday, January 30, 2014

Just call me Biker Mama

Well, it's official.  We are now a two bike family.  It's been a long time since we've owned bikes but it just made sense to add this to our new RV lifestyle.  It provides some exercise and doubles as a transportation option.



We stopped for lunch at Ford's Garage in Cape Coral on the way to discuss our options so we can make a final decision.  This was another whole experience and I will do a separate post on this later.

After visiting several bike stores in the Fort Myers area and test-driving various bikes we returned to The Bike Route to make our purchase.

We both went with the Electra Townie, his is the standard 26" tire and mine has the 24" tire which is nice for those who are vertically impaired.

It was fun picking out the accessories to go with it and I added a sweet little metal basket.  I wonder if George or Gracie would like to act as Toto and go for a spin....I doubt it.

After making our purchases of the bikes and carrier for the car, they assisted us in putting them on for transport back home.

The rain didn't start to pick up until just after we got them unloaded from the car, so photos will be delayed for a short while.

Long Live the Biker Queen

5 comments:

  1. Good for you. I don't ride an outside bike, but have an exercise bike in the house ... not a good thing for See-More. I can almost guarantee you that George and Gracie will much prefer waving goodbye from their little tent tunnels ... bike riding might be asking a bit too much.

    You are smart to keep yourself parked where rain is the only thing you have to deal with. We continue to have snow, more snow and even more snow with more predictec for over the weekend. I am sure you are hearing the whining or maybe in some cases Woo Hooing from your family. This all started very early so it make winter seem verrrrrry long ... the first warm breezes of Spring will be oh so welcome. Don't feel badly, I would prefer the 24 inch wheel as well ... closer to the ground if you get my gist. Enjoy, Queen of on the Fly ... it is a good thing that you are doing.

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new bikes. You should have many happy and well exercised hours on them. I, too, would get the 24 inch but it would need a third wheel before I could get on it. I love how you have fixed up your RV. Your friend is right. You really should think about writing a book. Enjoy your warmer weather. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes sense. I hope you both enjoy the exercise and view. I think if I got a bike, I would need a kid's bike. There's a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got my bell in amsterdam still waiting to get my bike. Jealous but I suppose they don't come with snowtires

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think that'll be a nice addition to your roaming life!

    ReplyDelete