Saturday, March 31, 2012

Whirlwind weekend

As things keep heating up the pace continues to be frantic.
I thought things were pretty calm that day and only had one person coming to pick up some furniture pieces and as I drove away I noticed a couple of cars pull up and stop.  Wow!  That add to sell the canned ham really was effective...but no.  It was another realtor stopping by to show the house.  I was completely unaware of this and in addition to dishes in the sink, we had several guns laying all over the living room floor.  Oh well....go on in I said and continued to leave.

Later that afternoon the kids arrived to spend the weekend with us and enjoy the old homestead one more time.  We took them out for fish fry and everyone went to bed pretty early as all were tired.

Saturday we all woke at different times and Left Brain fixed breakfast as we continued to sort through photos and memorabilia.  No sooner was that done when the realtor arrived to show the house at noon to a couple.  She looked a bit appalled that we were still in here and the house looked a bit thunderstruck. As she left my friends Al & Kathy showed up to get the heater and fan I offered to her and see if she wanted to purchase any of the amish pieces.

While they were leaving my son arrived for lunch and the food preparation began anew.  We sat everyone down and explained the financial statments to them - what our wishes are for burial should anything happen on the road....that kind of family business.

Then it was time for the 2:40 movie of "Mirror Mirror" and I jumped into the car with my son-in-law and the two grandkids.  We got part way down the road when he realized the car was pulled sharply to the left.  After taking a quick look it was found he had a nail in the tired and it was almost flat.  So, back to the house and we switched over to my car and sped out again.

It felt good to be a movie again and escape from reality for a couple of hours.  On the way home we picked up a tire patch kit to be able to get them on the road again.

Then Sister Mary called to talk to Steph and I called in the pizza order for supper.  When there's young people in the house it's a continual feeding frenzy.

So, having a couple of minutes where I'm able to sit down and type has allowed me to quickly add to the blog.  Unfortunately we have not had any calls on our ad for the R-Pod for sale.  Bummer.  I really would like to get that into other hands soon.

Tomorrow we'll fix a little breakfast then have them help us load up the furniture to go to their house before the open house starts.  Then we'll shove She Devil into the canned ham until the open house ends while we go somewhere to hide out.  The kids will probably head out about that time and after the open house ends Left Brain and I can retrieve the cat and settle in with our lawn chairs and little TV since most of the furniture will be gone.

It's a strange life - faster paced that I like, but necessary to get us to the next stage of our life.

Long Live the Queen of Exhaustion


  1. And so it goes ... you're living your dream, most people don't have the courage to do that! Kudos to you!

  2. Wow! That's one super duper fancy walker! Those headlights are fabulous! I surely do not envy you the chaos that goes with trying to sell a house. But you have a wonderful attitude about it all so I'm sure that soon everything will be taken care of. Have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.