Thursday, March 29, 2012

Men in Trees

While cleaning up the garage the other day the tree service men showed up to remove a large tree from the neighbors back yard.  Such excitement in the valley!

I love watching rodeo performers and this was very simular with the danger involved in watching a man tackle something much larger and unpredictable.

I guess I just like to watch men working - could do it all day long.

He would tie off the portion of the tree he was cutting down and then break it off with his bare hands to separate the sections. 

Then it swings down to the ground.  It's amazing how they can do this without crashing into the house, but that is why you have professionals come and take care of these situations.

I asked him later why he was not wearing goggles or gloves and learned that the goggles distort his vision and he needs to be able to see clearly at all times.  The gloves make it hard to get the exact grip needed to work the chainsaw and tree trunks.

What both the Divine Miss M and I found disconcerting was when he dropped the chainsaw and let it dangle...while it was still running. 

Granted the blade was not going around, but it just seemed dangerous somehow. 

But I suppose when you have to continually haul the chainsaw back up to use it each time, to pull the cord is expending unnecessary energy that is much needed.

When he's working the chainsaw it is quite close to his body and one can only imagine what happens if he slips while that sucker is running.

It doesn't take much imagination to picture him here as a cowboy carrying his rope and saddle after busting the broncs.

I kept thinking of the movie Avatar as he walked up the tree trunks and would swing over to the section he needed to work on.


And then let's not forget about the massive woodchipper involved to digest huge limbs of wood.

Let's just say that if the guy in the movie "Fargo" had access to something like this bad boy...he'd have gotten away with that murder!



They left the yard clean and tidy...just without a large oak tree in it.  Yup...I could watch men working all day long.

Long Live the Queen of Woodcutters

2 comments:

  1. Wish they would've made it when I was there. I can just picture you and Miss M. taking in the spectacle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the photos. What a "hunky" fellow. I could watch him work all day too. I'm at work, so gotta run. The Mrs is waking. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete