Saturday, March 3, 2012

It's so good to be back

My first day back I met my friend, Karen, for some Indian food at our very first ever Indian restaurant.  I sure hope they stay in business because it was good!  I had two full plates of it and wished I could have had more, but my stomach was starting to hurt already.  It was so good to catch up with my friend and take a break from the unloading of the van and canned ham.  Unfortunately Left Brain was left to fend for himself, but he's very resourceful and did just fine.

Then I picked up a few groceries but forgot my list, so missed some of the items.

I can't believe all the stuff we've accumulated!  I've started piles here, there and everywhere.  I've got a pile started for things I want to offer friends and piles for the kids and bags of stuff for Goodwill.

I've removed everything I want to keep from the studio and plan to have an indoor moving sale as soon as possible to get rid of the larger electric appliances I can't bring with me, duplicate cookware and the like.

There's also boxes that will get packed with stuff I will definitely be taking with me in the new rig that I don't need right now.  That way I can at least remove some of the clutter.

My goal is to declutter our living area as much as possible so everything looks nice and spacious.  Then I'll begin to tackle the basement - ugh.  I hate that thought - all those photo albums and old stuff.

We meet with the real estate agent on Monday morning to go over stuff and get that part of things going.  I have one couple from Springfield IL who might be interested in the R-Pod also.  Now that I have that emptied I will get out there Tuesday when it's supposed to hit 61 degress and clean it up good - then I'll put an ad in the paper for it.

One day at a time.  It took years to accumulate this much, it will take a while to reverse the project.

Long Live the Queen of Downsizing

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I don't envy you all that work. With my big old house, I wouldn't know where to begin. It's a big old estate house and it has more than 23 rooms counting the bathrooms. Plus the attic. The attic alone would take me forever to clean out. Good luck with all your sorting. Have a good night, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete