Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Senior Shape Up

As part of my adventure of being 60 years young I am enrolled in a seven week program at the YMCA called Senior Shape Up with two of my other old friends.  Our first meeting was an overall tour of the facility and discussing what classes are available, yada yada yada.
The next day we went back to try the deep water jogging.  I figured why not...I can hold my breathe as long as they can.  Well, that was not it at all.


You enter the water with these flotation gizmos strapped on to your back to keep you upright and then jog and do exercises in the deep end of the pool.  Which for someone short like me isn't very far in.


Now I have to admit I'm feeling a tad smug at this point seeing that I am clearly one of the younger ones there...until I started getting passed up by ladies with gray hair, white hair and blue hair.  Yikes!  I guess I need to come to more classes.


It was an interesting experience, my favorite part was putting my swimsuit into this little container that spins it so fast it's almost completely dry when you remove it.


Next trip I'm bringing my lettuce to spin!


Long Live the Slow Soggy Queen

1 comment:

  1. The classes sound like a lot of fun. I don't think we have any of those around here. I went to Sweden back in the 80's, and was always amazed at the "older" folks riding bikes up and down steep hills with seemingly very little effort. Plus they walked everywhere, and never once huffed and puffed. Must be some darn good living. Can't wait to see your new line of dolls. Have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete