Thursday, September 22, 2011

Making decisions

I'm trying to master the art of making a decision in my life.  Any decision.  I can ponder the menu choices at a restaurant as if it's my last meal.  I just need to make up my mind and go with it.  You'd think after sixty years I'd be a pro at this...but no.


This afternoon at Weight Watchers I received the mental kick in the pants I needed to get up and get moving. Our session today was about exercising more.  I have absolutely no reason not to get out and walk every day.  I know it's good for me but I just can't seem to make myself do it.  But....I will be walking for a minimum of 20 minutes each day, maybe more...but I've learned to set my goals low so I can exceed them and feel good about myself.  So there was one decision made.


Then tonight I made another decision.  Miss M and I have enrolled in a class called Adventures in Photography.  Sounds catchy, doesn't it?  Well, it's not.  The teacher has no plan, no control and no apparent goal.  So on our final night's class I decided I just didn't want to go.  When I called to weenie out of the class my friend just started laughing and I knew my decision was a good one.
She picked me up as planned but instead of class we went to a nice Mexican restaurant and had a leisurely supper and conversation.  This was a much better decision and it felt good to be playing hookey.  She's off for a road trip with her husband and I'll be joining Left Brain soon for our trip, so we won't see each other for some time and needed to catch up before parting paths.  So, another decision mastered.


After my last art show I figured out the perfect set up for my booth and it involves putting down a significant amount of money on equipment.  I planned it carefully and called in the order.  Wow!  Another decision.


Maybe I am getting the hang of this after all!


Long Live the Queen of Quick Decisions

2 comments:

  1. Sorry your photo class didn't work out. Have you looked into the new one at Hummie's World? I enrolled, and there's so much there to learn. There's no cost to speak of, just $5.50 a month to be a member of the forum. That fee gives you access to all the different classes that she offers, and believe me there is a lot there. The photography class is new, so you would have no problem catching up. (Just started this month) Each class has a video to go with the lesson. No, I'm not a saleslady. Just thought you might want to check it out.

    Where will you be going on your trip? Do you go South for the winter? Congrats on your new decisions. Sometimes, I have that problem too. I think it comes with the advanced years!

    You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask yourself this when you have to make a decision:
    What's the worst that could happen if I'm wrong? Really helps when ordering from a menu! Also, helps you look at decisions from different perspectives without getting caught up in the minutia.
    Heidi B.

    ReplyDelete