Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The progress continues

Each morning I start with a soak in the hot tub and then sit in the arbor and look at all the greenery and blooms.  It's the best way to start my day - calm and tranquil.  I'm looking for corners and spots that need a little oomph so I can check out plant sales later today.


On my little trek through the meditation garden there's one spot where the Quaking Aspen is low and threatens to poke my eyes out.  It occurred to me that this is the perfect opportunity for another archway, so I will check Menards this morning to see what might be cheap and suitable.  It will not only hold the branches up high enough to avoid injury, but provide yet another place for a climbing vine.


I also need to replenish the bird seed after the last raccoon attack.  The neighbor told me he just killed a couple recently, so maybe he got the ones that have been raiding me.  The Fourth of July weekend is such a good time for this as the other noise disguises the sound of the gunshots.


The lilies are starting to open...those  not yet eaten by the deer anyway.  They are such harbingers of joy.


Today I will learn how to glaze the clay creations I made at Joyce Diveley's Clay Camp for Grown-Ups.  I can't wait to see my projects again and see if they look as good as I thought they did a month ago.


Long Live the Queen of Abundance

1 comment:

  1. I must say, that doll sitting at the small table is the cutest thing!!! Your talent for making little spots looks so interesting is just awesome!

    It was so refreshing to hear you say "It's a good life." So many folks don't ever stop to be thankful for the joy in life that they do have. Your yard reflects your inner peace with yourself and nature. If I ever get back up your way, I would love to see your yard in person.

    Now I think I should get busy and post my blog. You have a fantabulous day my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete