Thursday, April 10, 2014

Taking a day off

Even Gracie needs to lay down and take a breather
I feel like we've been in heavy tourist mode and so today it's just a light day of doing some shopping, getting groceries and resting up.  Too often people who live in RV's burn out from moving from place to place and trying to see everything all at once.  This is not a vacation we're on...it's just that our house tends to move to new areas from time to time.

My post on April Fool's Day caused a stir with our friends Jim and Kathy, who are our neighbors each year in Minnesota for the summer.   Apparently Jim will only wear long pants during the time we are next door.  Hmmm....men fear me, I like that.

She asked where we were staying and I explained that we signed on to stay at the Nashville Country RV Park and upon checking in found out it is the North Nashville KOA.  We never stay at KOA's (Kampground of America) as they tend to be overpriced and run heavy with activities for children.   It's not that we don't like children, but we certainly enjoy quiet and sometimes the two just don't go together.

I wondered about the name switch.  Perhaps this KOA is in some kind of Campground Witness Protection Program?  The sites here are a bit close together, as you can see.  I had to put the cat tent behind See-More and run the tunnels behind and then back under to keep everything contained on our side.  The neighbors on our other side seem to come and go and right now we have an open space...that's nice.  But there is a little wooden deck to keep us out of the mud from all the rain we've been having, and that gives it a homey touch.


We went directly from Nashville to Cave City and toured Mammoth Cave.  Now we're heading north to Indiana to begin the remodeling project for the RV.

Long Live the Queen of Rest

4 comments:

  1. Wow that is awfully close... are you sure it wasn't the snoring that scared the neighbors off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is quite cozy! glad you're taking some downtime, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, that's a bit too close for me too. I like some breathing room between me and my neighbor. As for the Mammoth Caves, I'm glad you enjoyed them. Not me. I'm not going underground until I absolutely have to. Underground caves are not my thing. Has the weather turned Spring where you are? Ours is beginning to warm up nicely with lots of sunshine. Can't wait to see your RV makeover. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is close! I like quiet and privacy, at least a little. I bet you are happy to get going on that remodeling! I hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete